Search This Blog

Thursday 6 February 2014

Right Time...Wrong Place...

Ok, scrap that last post. today isn't the day. It would have been had I arrived at the right hospital...
The day has gone a little like this;
The letter I received with my appointment information on was from Burton hospitals trust as was the last one where I had to go to the local hospital, the Robert Peel to meet the consultant. The difference with the latest letter was that it had the date and time but not the venue although, the letter head was from Burton. Had I scrolled down to all the info which included car parking I would have noticed the car park was in Burton, not Tamworth! Of course I didn't read this because I intended to walk. Totally my fault, I should have checked.
So, I put on my trainers for the walk to the hospital - nearly 3 miles, and set off. Along the route I decided to take a short cut through Lady Meadow which is, as it sounds, a great big field. The footpath through it looked dry enough until I got to the middle....and sunk! By the time I reached the other side I was splattered in mud and my black trainers were now brown.
I got to the hospital and had to hurriedly nip to the toilet and try cleaning myself up with paper towels - not that they helped much. By the time I got to reception I must've looked like I'd been in a cross country race! When I handed my appointment letter over to the receptionist she went away and on coming back said, unfortunately all your details are in Burton, which is where you should be.
As you can imagine I was both annoyed and embarrassed as I had an audience, who to be honest looked more interested in my 'mud wrestler' outfit. The receptionist was lovely and offered to call them for me but I declined and went out myself to make the call.
The secretary I spoke to was also very understanding and said they would arrange for my appointment to be rescheduled, hopefully next week. Then it was time to walk home.
I have to admit that I also felt quite upset by this time as I'd hyped myself up to getting some answers this morning and maybe an idea of how my back pain can be managed. I think had I not already looked like a complete state I may have cried. However, I put my earphones in and set back off, en route I stopped off at Sainsbury's to get a bit of shopping.
Now I don't know whether it was that I was listening to MIA at the time or because I was upset about the mornings disappointment that I lost my cool... Against my better judgement I decided to use the self check out which as usual had plans to make me look more ridiculous than I already did. After repeatedly telling me it wanted to weigh things that didn't need weighing and then shouting about unexpected items in the baggage area I lost it and told it to F**K Off!
Time to leave. Sigh.
Oh well, I'm getting better at waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment